TDSi, a global leader in access control systems for all sizes of businesses and organisations, has launched its new VUgarde2 IP CCTV software suite and an associated range of security surveillance products. VUgarde2 is designed to offer a portfolio of integrated IP surveillance products that offer greater flexibility and systems evolution with regards to monitoring of security. This will include direct integration with TDSi’s powerful EXgarde Access Control software.
Individual elements in the VUgarde product range include:
- VUgarde2 VMS (video management system),
- VUgarde Full Client (a comprehensive user interface to the VMS platform),
- VUgarde Anywhere (which allows users to access live and recorded images on a variety of devices including smart phones (iPhone, Android, Blackberry etc.), tablets and laptops) and
- VUgarde ANPR (an automated number plate recognition application which can be added to the VUgarde VMS).
VUgarde hardware includes a full range of IP cameras, video encoders and video capture cards (to allow the retention and connection of existing analogue cameras), USB keyboards (that enable users to easily control fully functional cameras) and a wide range of client and server hardware which is available in both tower and rack mount configurations.
Managing Director of TDSi, John Davies, commented, “TDSi is dedicated to offering total flexibility and to make integration easier. VUgarde2 has been designed to provide this via a reliable and easy-to-use interface. At the heart of the new product range is the VUgarde2 VMS Software suite which brings together the different parts of the CCTV system to offer a truly combined and fully scalable solution. VUgarde2 gives a firm basis for organisations to build the security and surveillance system that exactly fits their specific needs.”
VUgarde2 VMS is distinguished by its powerful yet straightforward approach to digital video management. From its modular architecture through to its intuitive operator graphical user interface, it simplifies the design, installation and commissioning of complete IP CCTV surveillance systems. Where legacy analogue cameras need to be retained, smart encoders and video capture cards are available to maximise the return on previous investment.
VUgarde2 is available in two editions (Express and PRO) to suit the project requirements. Both editions have a built-in simplified user management system that provides user authentication, multi-level auditing and group based permissions to limit access to permitted personnel. With the capability to be fully integrated with TDSi’s EXgarde version 4 access control platform, VUgarde2 VMS offers a single platform solution to simplify the security management of any site. Operators can quickly select their preferred camera layout and sequences whilst being alerted both visually and audibly on an alarm incident. The inbuilt dynamic multi-layered mapping application assists the operator in quickly selecting the most relevant camera.
Specific benefits of using VUgarde2 software include:
- A simple licensing system - Buy only what you need.
- A modular and flexible platform
- VUgarde2 can be tailored to suit any sized project and is flexible enough to expand as desired.
- Multiple setup wizards
- Reduce installation and commissioning time.
- Drag & Drop functionality
- Minimal operator training required.
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface
- Simple to use with a focus on common user needs, yet powerful enough to be flexible for the largest installations.
- EXgarde access control integration
- Allows complete integration with TDSi’s powerful access control software.
- Multi-level mapping
- Provides full map management and drill-down, ensuring operators can quickly select the most relevant camera.
- Powerful event search
- Quickly identifies relevant footage from the archive.
- VUgarde2 Anywhere
- A platform agnostic application to view live and recorded CCTV footage anywhere on any smart device.
- VUgarde2 ANPR
A powerful optional application to detect, recognise and register vehicle number plates.